• OSU serves as the primary interface and communication link between the top policy makers and executive officers of the University on one hand and the diverse stakeholders and resource providers of the University and the general public on the other.
• OSU facilitates governance of the University through its work as the secretariat and administrative arm of:
a. Board of Regents (BOR);
b. President’s Advisory Council (PAC); and
c. President’s Management Committee (PMC).
• OSU upholds operational excellence and efficiency in supporting the major functions of the University through efficient and timely processing of communications and effective management of the University records and policies.
• Since 2011, OSU had as its major thrust the electronic Office of the Secretary of the University (eOSU). eOSU is a historical milestone in the context of records keeping in the University. It falls under the strategic initiative of eUP through operational excellence in the context of administrative efficiency.
• In line with the thrust of the current administration to shift to an electronic University (e-UP), OSU initiated the development of the OSU website where the Summary of BOR Decisions and the BOR Minutes in Gazette form are uploaded to enable the Constituent Universities (CUs) and the general public to readily access University policies and other vital information.